5 reasons why Thailand is so popular among the tourists
‘The Land of Smiles’, Thailand has always been in the good books of the travellers.
Thailand is considered as one of the top-rated tourist destinations in Asia. Each year, a lot of people from all over the world visit Thailand. Here arises the question, why do the tourists love Thailand so much?
Along with the crazy nightlife, adventure activities and festivals, there are also some other reasons that make Thailand popular among the tourists.
- Rich history and culture: While Thailand is mostly famous for its modernized look, it still holds its rich historical significance and unique culture. With a long history of royal dynasties and kingdoms, the country will literally transport you into the ancient world. Also, there are several places (including the city of Chiang Mai) that reflect the practice of Buddhism in ancient Thailand. A visit to Bangkok National Museum, Museum Siam, National Gallery etc. will give you an opportunity to explore the vast history and culture of this land. Also, you can learn a lot about the country’s culture through its various art forms.
- The beaches: The major attraction of Thailand is undoubtedly its charming beaches. With more than 1500 miles of coastline, the land offers you a number of beaches that will fill your heart with a lot of joy. While the Jomtien Beach in Pattaya and Bang Saen in Chonburi are the most popular beaches in Thailand, you can also visit Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Phuket, Koh Kradan etc.
- The temples: Thailand has over 40,000 temples that reflect the art, culture and architecture of the country of different time periods. Each temple has their own unique story that truly fascinates its visitors. While you can find ancient temples in all the parts of Thailand, the best ones are located in Bangkok. Wat Arun, Wat Rong Khun, Wat Phra Kaew, Sanctuary of Truth are some of the most unique temples in Thailand.
- The food: A trip to Thailand is incomplete if you don’t taste its authentic cuisines. Here, you will find a variety of dishes that are full of unique flavours and colours. Also, as the food items differ depending on the location, you will have a lot of different options to try. Tom Yum Goong, Som Tum, Tom Kha Kai, Pad Thai etc. are some of the must-try dishes in Thailand.
- The people: Above all the other good things, it’s their people who will make your Thai trip more fun. Thai people are kind, helpful and incredibly friendly. Wherever you go, the local people will greet you with a nice smile. Also, they have a tradition of bowing their hands together while greeting.
Thailand is full of life, energy and excitement. So, take a trip to this amazing land and enjoy your vacation to the fullest.