How To Avoid Seasonal Flu In Spring Season?
No matter whether it is our favourite weather, we do not wish to fall sick due to climate change.
Spring is an absolute pleasure. Flowers are blossoming, and chirpy birds are on a bright sunny day with a breeze which touches your soul. Yes, spring it is! But what if the seasonal flu spoils the mood suddenly? We all want to avoid it.
So, what exactly happens in a transition season that causes flu, well sudden temperature change, change in wind direction and moisture in the air, from cold winter days to scorching sunny days and other environmental factors are the reason that increases or activates certain viruses and bacteria suddenly. And a change in weather also weakens our immunity. But we can avoid falling sick this season by taking the following precautions and changing our food habits.
- Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables: Seasonal fruits & vegetables are essential for an immunity boost. For example, Drumstick is a seasonal vegetable that keeps you healthy. Also, add seasonal fruits & vegetables to the regular diet.
- Fluid Intake: We need to increase our water intake gradually in spring. Hydration is important for our body to function well. Also, to fight weakness, immunity boost water is irreplaceable. Don’t consider carbonated drinks to hydrate your body.
- Washing Hands & Mouth: We must be more careful in this season change. Once we return home, we should wash our hands well and gargle with warm salt water to avoid viral infections. Also, we should sanitize our hands while eating out.
- Face cover: Going out, we must use a mask to avoid infections. Also, we should not touch our eyes & nose with dirty hands outside our homes. Keeping a safe distance from sick people is also recommended.
- Clean your Home & Clothes: Clean the home regularly with disinfectant liquid. Clean clothes regularly if you are going out daily. Also, keep your bedsheets, bed covers, pillow covers, and windows clean.
- Avoid Food from Unhygienic Street Side Vendors: Fruit salads from an open space or any other food item from a roadside shop can make you sick, especially when your immunity is lower and viruses are more active.
- Adequate Sleep: Your body needs rest through uninterrupted sleep for at least 8 hours to recover the fatigue, also your immunity system to function well.
If we summarize all of these, we can say that a healthy routine can help you to enjoy the spring uninterrupted from the flu.