Light, Camera, Action! Some random trivia about Bollywood we bet you didn’t know
Bollywood has mesmerized Indians worldwide for decades. Let’s know some fun and random facts about Bollywood.
Bollywood is a linguistic blend of words, Bombay and Hollywood. Films filled with songs, dance, tears, laughter and myriads of emotions. There are numerous stories, facts and trivia associated with Bollywood. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Amitabh Bachchan was the only star who was paid in crores up until 1990. Now that’s Megastar for you.
- Sridevi played Rajnikhant’s stepmother in the Tamil movie “Moondru Mudichu” when she was just 13 years old.
- Raj Kapoor became the most famous and loved star in Russia with the movie “Awara”. Apparently, he was the symbol of optimism to the Russian people.
- Kareena Kapoor wore over 130 dresses from different designers for her movie “Heroine”. Her wardrobe is the most expensive one ever made for a Hindi movie.
- The first lady of Bollywood, Devika Rani, had a degree in Film making.
- Amjad Khan was rejected by Sholay’s story writer Javed Akhtar for the role of Gabbar Singh. He felt Amjad Khan’s voice was too weak for the role.
- Sunil Dutt worked as an RJ for radio and was supposed to interview then superstar Nargis. But the interview never happened as he was tongue-tied after seeing her. Years after that they fell in love on the sets of “Mother India” and later got married.
- What do Alfred Hitchcock and Subhash Ghai have in common? They are known to make cameos in their movies.
- Jagdish Raj was so typed cast in the role of the police officer that he holds a Guinness record of playing a cop in 144 movies!
- Kalki Koechlin’s great grandfather Maurice Koechlin was a celebrated structural engineer who was involved in the design and construction of the Eiffel Tower.
- Amitabh Bachchan is Ambidextrous, which means he can use his right and left hand to write efficiently.
12.Madhubala wore real chain and shackles for her role in Mughal-e-Azam to depict the pain and misery of Anarkali. Talk about perfection.
- Bollywood is way older than Hollywood. Bollywood traces its origins way back to 1899.
- Our very own Bhaijaan, Salman Khan is obsessed with soaps; in fact, he has an extensive collection of handmade and herbal soaps.
It is always fun to know some of the trivia regarding our favourite stars, movies and scenes. So, which one is your favourite?