Refreshing Herbal Teas that you must try
If you are a tea lover, then these refreshing and healthy herbal teas are something that you will love to try. We have listed a few of our easy-to-brew herbal teas recipes that you can make.
Herbal teas are a perfect blend of natural ingredients that are good for your health. You can easily brew a perfect cup of herbal tea with readily available kitchen spices and herbs. Herbal teas are entirely caffeine-free, have low calories and rich in anti-oxidants. They have a multitude of healing benefits that helps to cure several health issues like cold, cough, insomnia, indigestion and stress.
A concoction prepared with ginger, tulsi, cinnamon, raw turmeric, mint and a bit of pepper, works effectively to keep illnesses at bay by strengthening your immune system. While a soothing chamomile tea will help you to relieve stress and anxiety, peppermint tea is perfect for treating all your stomach ailments, and fennel tea has a slight laxative effect.
Here are some of the herbal infusions that you can prepare for yourself.
1) Honey Ginger Lemon Tea
This herbal tea works effectively on the day when you are feeling a bit under the weather. Brew a cup for yourself, sip and feel the difference.
To prepare a cup of Honey-ginger-lemon tea,
- Take two cups of water and let it boil.
- Add one inch of grated ginger into it and allow it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea, add 2tsp of lemon juice and 1tsp of honey and stir the mixture.
2) Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea has a calming effect on mind and body and helps to treat insomnia relieving you from stress and anxiety. Chamomile also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and liver-protecting effects that may help to fight stomach ailments.
To brew your soothing chamomile tea
- Boil a cup of water
- Turn off the flame and add some dried chamomile flower petals into the water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and serve it with a dash of honey.
3) Tulsi-Mint-Cinnamon Tea
Tulsi, or holy basil, is a fantastic herb to boost your immunity and battle evil germs. Cinnamon rich in medicinal properties lowers inflammation and improves heart health. Mint leaves help to treat stomach disorders.
To prepare your rejuvenating Tulsi-Mint-Cinnamon tea,
- Take a cup of water and let it boil.
- Add a cinnamon stick, fresh ginger and crushed 4-5 Tulsi & mint leaves.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve with jaggery or honey
4) Turmeric Tea
A combination of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties in Turmeric helps to treat several ailments. Turmeric tea is one of the best home remedies to treat seasonal infections and flu.
To prepare a refreshing turmeric tea,
- Boil a cup of water & add some fresh turmeric root
- Add 1-inch grated ginger, one cinnamon stick & pinch of black pepper. Allow the tea to boil for a few minutes.
- Strain the tea and serve it with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and a dash of honey
Add your favourite natural ingredients and prepare your herbs and spices infused tea, the way you like it.