Ten Powerful Quotes by Rumi to Brighten Your Day
Looking for some motivation on a dull day? These soul-stirring words of Rumi are surely going to give you hope and warmth and food for thought.
Almost everyone among us has heard about Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi or his quotes on nearly every aspect of life. The Persian poet from the thirteenth century has influenced many thinkers, philosophers and scholars across all countries, races and ethnicities around the world. Rumi’s poetry comes out from the profound mystical experiences he had in his entire life. He is revered as a dervish or a Sufi saint with an impressive body of work which transcends the boundaries of time.
Here are some words of wisdom from Rumi, which will fill your heart with love, hope and spiritual awakening.
- “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
- “Take someone who doesn’t keep score, who’s not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing, who has not the slightest interest even in his own personality: he’s free.”
- “There is a life-force within your soul, seek that life. There is a gem in the mountain of your body, seek that mine. O traveller, if you are in search of that, don’t look outside, look inside yourself and seek that.”
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
- “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
- “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.”
- “Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.”
- “Peaceful is the one who’s not concerned with having more or less. Unbound by name and fame, he is free from sorrow from the world and mostly from himself”
- “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
- “When I run after what I think I want, my days are a furnace of distress and anxiety; If I sit in my own place of patience, what I need flows to me, and without any pain. From this I understand that what I want also wants me, is looking for me and attracting me. There is a great secret in this for anyone who can grasp it.”
The thoughts by Rumi are timeless in meaning and philosophy. Delve deep into the beauty of these lines and bring out your intellectual side to appreciate the heartfelt Sufi nuggets of wisdom.