Tips for going on a safari
If you’ve ever dreamed of going on a safari, now is the perfect time to make your dreams a reality. Africa has some of the most beautiful landscapes and wildlife in the world, making it an ideal destination for those wanting to get close to nature. However, there are a few tips and tricks that you should keep in mind before embarking on such a journey.
In this blog post, we will cover everything from packing essentials to finding the best deals to staying safe in the wild. With this guide and a little preparation, you’ll be ready for your African adventure in no time!
Be safe – When you’re on safari, there are a few things you can do to stay safe. First, be sure to listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They know the area and what’s safe and what’s not. Secondly, watch out for animals. Even though they’re often times more scared of you than you are of them, they can still be dangerous. And lastly, be careful with fire. Many accidents happen each year from people not being careful with their fires.
Ask questions – When you’re on a safari, it’s important to ask lots of questions. Safari guides are there to help you spot animals and answer any questions you have. Here are some tips for asking questions on a safari:
– Make sure you ask your guide permission before asking any questions.
– Try to be as specific as possible when asking your question. This will help your guide understand what you’re looking for.
– Be patient when waiting for an answer to your question. Sometimes it takes a while to spot an animal, especially if it’s hiding!
Do not disturb the animals – When you’re on safari, it’s important to remember that you are in the animals’ habitat. Be respectful and avoid disturbing them as much as possible. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
– Keep noise to a minimum. Animals are very sensitive to sound, so avoid shouting or making loud noises.
– Don’t get too close. Give animals plenty of space and don’t try to approach them. If they come close to you, it’s best to just stay still and let them pass.
Keep repellents – When going on a safari, it is important to keep repellents with you at all times. Mosquitoes can be a major problem in Africa, carrying diseases like malaria. Be sure to pack bug spray and/or mosquito nets. It’s also a good idea to wear long clothing that covers your skin, and to sleep under a mosquito net if possible.