Planning For A Trek? Here Is A List Of Must Have Things In Your Backpack
Did you ever plan to quit city life and live in the mountains for life?
Trekking is one of the most adventurous things to do on vacation. We all have planned a trek at some point- with friends, family, trekking group, partner or solo. Besides physical fitness, there are things we must carry and some optional things for more comfort. So the most important thing is to pack your backpack with minimal yet necessary items.
So, here is a list of all you need to have on your backpack in a trek,
- Backpack: First things first! You must have a comfortable, compact, light weighted, waterproof rucksack. It is a one-time investment, so do not invest in cheap quality. Also, look for more compartments in the backpack, including a laptop compartment.
- Trekking Shoe:Trekking means walking, more and more, mile after mile. So, the one thing that can hamper your trek is a non-trekking shoe. Always choose a comfortable, relatively lightweight, waterproof, snowproof, and good grip trekking shoe.
- Medical kit:Several health risks are associated with a trek, including altitude sickness, vomiting, diarrhoea, leech attack, fever, cold, cuts, muscle pain, bleeding etc. So carry medicines like paracetamol, GERD pills, bandages, band-aids, cotton, antiseptic cream or lotion, disinfectant, hand sanitiser, salt for leech attack, anti-diarrhoea, anti-vomiting pills, pain relief spray, altitude sickness pills etc. Also, carry sunscreen and moisturizing cream to protect your skin.
- Trek pants & specific clothes & Accessories: While packing for trekking clothes, you must consider attributes like comfortable, minimal, necessary, hygiene, lightweight, temperature range etc. So, thermals for nights, trek pants and fleece jacket, sufficient socks and underwear to maintain hygiene, jacket with good temperature range, sunglasses to avoid snow blindness, gloves, nose guard, neck guard, hat, cap, woollen cap, ear guard, raincoat for different weather conditions.
- Minimal dry food & water bottle:If it is a long trek, you may not find shops or restaurants to eat at, but you will be hungry more than usual. So, keep protein bars, glucose powder, dry fruits, instant noodles, biscuits, and cakes with you. A Flask or a thermos bottle should be there with you so that whenever you find a good water source, you can store it.
- Last but not least: Compass, physical map, analogue watch, torchlight, extra batteries, power bank, walking pole, comfortable sleeping bag, the multipurpose tool, such as a knife, mosquito repellent, lighter etc., are life saving tools in a trek.